Depending on how we represent the psychological structure of the individual, we differently build our work with it. In Syntone approach, the main elements of the structure of a healthy personality from the point of view of its vital activity are the personality’s orientation and personal background: the worldview, the experience and abilities of a person, his temperament and character, and the body’s figure. More about this:
1. The cognitive sphere - everything that performs a person’s function of rational knowledge: memory, attention, perception, understanding, thinking, decision-making, actions and influences - to the extent or in the part in which they are engaged in cognitive processes, and not something else (drives, entertainment ...). Strongly simplifying, it can be said that this is competence and knowledge, skills, reason in its broadest sense.
2. Affective sphere - all mental processes that can not be modeled in a reasonable way. First and foremost, this is all that is related to the motivationally-demanding sphere, the processes of emotional-sensory attitude to life and interaction with the world, by oneself and people. Simplifying, it is usually feelings and forebodings, desires and impulses, motives and needs, impressions and experiences. This is all that is opposed to Reason.
3. World perception is a common vision of the world and attitude to it. The world perception is positive and negative, realistic and mystical, childish and adult, male and female. I-concept is an important element of the person’s worldview. See →
4. Consciousness and the unconscious...
5. The direction of the person is something that is really expensive for a person, to which he really aspires. Integral characteristic of the person’s orientation is a person’s ability to determine his own goals and values, to be not only an organism, but to be a person. See →
6. Experience - the knowledge, skills and habits of a person, including the style of his life, his habits and automatisms, deposited in the process of life and activity. See →
7. Abilities are the most important personal tool. The more developed a person’s ability, the more he can do. The main abilities of a person are mental, volitional, mental and physical abilities. Private abilities - a lot, this ability is musical, artistic, countable, the ability to learn a wide variety of skills. See →
8. Character, or psychotype - a set of sustainable ways of behavior and natural response of a person. Accordingly, as the character traits, it is said that there are people by nature (by psychotype), calm and nervous, judicious and impulsive, resolute and doubting, sprinters and stayers - there are few options. See →
9. Temperament - energy and dynamics of human behavior, brightness, strength and speed of its emotional response. A temperamental person - reacting brightly, quickly, loudly! It is common to divide people according to the type of temperament into sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic and melancholic. See →
10. The figure of the body. The figure of the body consists of a pattern of gait, a turn of the shoulders or a stoop, a definite fit of the head and a certain pattern of gestures, a characteristic facial expression and the usual intonations. See →
There are many other interesting and important parts and elements in the personality (self-awareness and roles, self-esteem and level of claims, beliefs and values), but this detailing is possible only when analyzing different levels of the personality structure. It is important that, depending on the type and level of personality development in a person, there may be a different set of elements of the psychological structure and a different relationship between them. For example, in a person-organism the mind is subordinated to his feelings, the person-person subordinates his senses to reason. Some people have the will developed and present, others do not. Also, not all people have a real inner "I": the owner who knows how to manage all this internal economy.
The less developed a person is, the more genes determine the body, the body determines the soul, and the soul determines the mind. The more a person develops, the more the mind enlightens the soul, the soul is friendly with the body, the mind and soul build the body, and a new gene pool accumulates in the body. In everyday life, in most people, the spirit usually sleeps, the mind serves the soul impulses, and the soul is guided by their body. It seems that 90% of people live mostly with their own body. The body is their lord, the soul and the mind are their servants, we remember the spirit only when they are reminded, and then with fear. According to the concept of personality, the spirit should be at the head, leading the mind, soul and body. A strong person’s mind and soul are helpers of the spirit, and the body is the child they raise.
Structure of the problem personality
The structure of the problem personality differs from the healthy person. Such a person is no longer up to something to really strive for, she needs to solve her problems, get rid of stress or pain. The issues of psychological defense begin to come to the forefront ... See →