The need for self-improvement is a deep personal education. Its manifestation in the subject characterizes him as an active creator of himself, as a determined person who does not stop in his development. This need is a source of personal activity in various activities and in its development. For its study, the following questionnaire is proposed.
Before you questionnaire, the purpose of which is to find out the peculiarities of behavior in different situations. When answering questions, you must choose one of the three suggested answers and write it in the questionnaire opposite the question number.
1. Did you ever take an interest in taking part in contests, olympiads, exhibitions, competitions? a) yes; b) not very much; c) no.
2. In your opinion, should a person bring his skills to perfection? a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
3. Is it characteristic for you to strive for leadership, do you like it? a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
4. Self-education and self-education should be mandatory if a person wants to achieve perfection in something? a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
5. Playing at competitions or receiving a low score (for example, in examinations) you: a) experience and aspire in the future to take a higher place, increase the score; b) not always so; c) there are no such feelings.
6. To what extent do you express the desire to achieve the goals? a) rather not enough; b) probably enough; c) it is enough.
7. Defeats and failures mobilize me to achieve the goal: a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
8. Have you always been satisfied with the grades obtained in the exams? a) yes; b) not always, sometimes; c) no.
9. In life, a person should be guided by promising goals a) by the nearest; b) I find it difficult to answer; c) Yes, promising.
10. Is there a constant feeling of dissatisfaction with what you have achieved? a) no; b) not always, sometimes; c) yes.
11. Starting to play chess, checkers, football, tennis, etc., the main thing for the participants is: a) victory; b) the process of the game; c) I do not know.
12. Is it characteristic for you to do any work with the highest quality? a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
13. I do not have a constant passion in anything. a) is manifested; b) sometimes; c) Yes, it is.
14. It is better for me to work independently than with someone. a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
15.When performing any competition, a person must strive for the highest results. a) yes; b) not always so; c) no.
16. While in the company of friends, I prefer to listen more than to speak. a) yes; b) not always so; c) no.
17. In an unfamiliar company, I do not feel embarrassed by the presence of people unfamiliar to me. a) I experience; b) not always; c) Yes, I experience.
18. In your opinion, what motivates people to excellent study, to high performance in work, sports? a) I find it difficult to answer; b) material incentives; c) the desire to be the first.
19. The people around me consider me as an initiative person. a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
20. Every person who respects himself must constantly set himself higher goals. a) no; b) not always; c) yes.
21. In your opinion, is it pleasant for a person to read positive reviews in newspapers about oneself, to hear at meetings? a) yes; b) not all; c) I do not know.
22. Do you think that you have found your calling in life? a) yes; b) I’m not sure about this; c) no.
23. Which geometric figure do you prefer? a) the ball; b) the cube; c) cylinder.
24. How much time do you spend on your favorite occupation? a) very much; b) not much; c) probably not enough.
25. In the process of doing any work, I control myself to make sure that I’m doing everything right. a) yes; b) not always; c) no.
26. Do you agree when you are chosen as the leader in any game? a) basically no; b) sometimes; c) yes.
27. Do you often criticize your comrades, movies, newspaper articles, etc.? a) rarely; b) sometimes; c) often.
28. If at the meeting you were offered to elect a leader (a starosta in a class, a group, a shop manager, a commander of a student detachment, etc.), and in the process of voting you would choose another, then: a) it did not affect me; b) I do not know, there have not been such; c) it would be a bit unpleasant.
29. I would prefer, although not appreciable work, but prestigious and highly paid. a) yes; b) I do not know; c) no.
30. I do not always achieve my goal, no matter how difficult it is to overcome. a) rarely; b) not always; c) Yes, it is.
The key to the questionnaire
The answers in questions 1 to 5, 11 to 15, from 21 to 25 are evaluated as follows: a - 3 points, b - 2 points, c - 1 point, in questions 6 to 10, from 16 to 20 , from 26 to 30: a - 1 point, b - 2 points, c - 3 points. There is a total amount of points for all questions.
The severity of the need for self-improvement is determined on the scale:
• a high degree of expressiveness of the need - 71-90 points; • average degree of need expression - 62-70 points; • low degree of need expression - 30-61 points.